Endocrinology is the study of diseases that result from hormonal dysfunction. London Bridge Hospital’s outpatient endocrinology services specialise in the investigation and management of all common endocrine disorders, including those that affect growth, metabolism, lipoprotein and obesity.
Our facilities also include dynamic testing and a full range of services for the treatment of diabetes. This includes access to diabetic nurses, dietitians, specialist podiatrists and access to the latest technologies, such as insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring.
Our endocrinology services
Our consultant endocrinologists come from London’s top teaching hospitals and will assist with diagnosis and treatment of all common endocrine disorders. Treatments can include hormone replacement therapy to deal with issues brought about during menopause, or conditions caused as a result of hormone deficiency.
London Bridge Hospital specialises in and takes a multidisciplinary approach to the effective management of diabetes. This approach includes:
- Access to specialised podiatrists
- Access to specialist diabetic nurses
- Advice on glucose monitoring and insulin administration
- Dietary advice
Our nursing team and consultants can also advise you on leading technologies for managing all forms of diabetes. This includes insulin pumps, which provide a steady supply of insulin, and continuous glucose monitoring, which allows more convenient blood-sugar readings without the use of traditional lancets.
Why choose London Bridge Hospital
- London Bridge Hospital aims for quick and efficient diagnosis and treatment. Meeting with highly qualified consultants and using cutting-edge diagnostic facilities to get you on the right course of treatment quickly.
- Our state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities can test for and diagnose a range of hormone dysfunctions and help our consultants advise on the best course of treatment.
- The care you receive is tailored to your needs and aims to assist recovery, leading to the best possible outcomes for the patient. Our diabetic services can assist in advising on your condition and also provide help and support in building a solid foundation for the management of your diabetes.
For more information about our endocrinology services at London Bridge Hospital Outpatients, or to book an appointment with one of our consultants, call 020 7234 2009 or request an appointment online.
This service can be found at the following facilities: