Neurosurgery is surgery concerned with preventing, diagnosing and treating conditions and disorders that affect the nervous system, brain and spine.
London Bridge Hospital Outpatients offers neurosurgery as a key speciality. Our world-leading consultants can diagnose and treat patients with nervous system-related conditions in the city, before supporting and providing a recovery plan to help them comfortably and confidently live a happy and healthy life.
Neurosurgery services for the brain and spine
Our team of skilled consultants are able to diagnose conditions and disorders that affect the brain and spine. London Bridge Hospital’s highly experienced neurosurgeons can then provide a neurological assessment to perform a skilled surgery procedure, which aims to yield the best possible results for the patient.
The range of effective surgical services we provide can treat a range of brain conditions, such as tumours and fluid on the brain, or those related to the spine, such as Sciatica and a slipped disc. This includes:
- Brain tumour biopsy – A procedure to remove a small piece of brain tumour, so it can be examined under a microscope
- Brain tumour debulking – An operation to reduce the volume of a brain tumour
- Endoscopic third ventriculostomy for hydrocephalus – Surgery to relieve hydrocephalus, which involves rerouting fluid within the brain, allowing it to escape
- Shunts for hydrocephalus (fluid on the brain) – A procedure to divert fluid from the head into another body cavity, usually the abdomen or chest or within the brain
- Spinal procedures – Operations for degenerative, disc and neoplastic disorders, as well as surgery for sciatica and back pain
Choosing London Bridge Hospital neurosurgery services
Rapid treatment for best recovery – Our neurosurgery services at London Bridge Hospital Outpatients centre can effectively diagnose and treat conditions like fluid on the brain and brain tumours, or relieve severe back pain to quickly put you on the road to recovery and help get you back to living your life.
Leading consultants and technology – Using state-of-the-art facilities, such as our MRI scanning technology, our team of experts and leaders in the neurosurgical field will aim to achieve a diagnosis the same day or next day of your appointment, before finding the most efficient treatment you need.
Exceptional care and support – Our world-leading neurosurgeons will then strive to treat you with the best quality of care, before our consultants support you with a realistic and manageable recovery programme that works for you.
To find out more about neurosurgery at London Bridge Hospital and how we can help you, request an appointment online, or call 020 7234 2009 to speak to a member of our qualified team.
This service can be found at the following facilities: