London Bridge Hospital Outpatients provides a rheumatology facility that has gained a worldwide reputation for excellence. Patients are given access to expert consultants and state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities, which assist with the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, as well as housing the only dedicated Lupus Centre in Europe.
The rheumatology team at London Bridge Hospital Outpatients specialises in diagnosing and treating a wide range of conditions. These include:
- Disorders affecting muscles, tendons, ligaments, intervertebral discs, meniscus and bursa.
- Degenerative joint diseases.
- Inflammatory disorders, such as rheumatoid arthritis and connective tissue disease.
- Soft tissue disorders.
These conditions cause pain and discomfort in the joints of the body, making it difficult to move or enjoy different activities. Our services aim to treat the causes, manage pain and allow patients to live a full and active life as a result.
London Bridge Hospital Outpatients provides a unique occupational environment in the heart of the city. Our rheumatology team has a wealth of experience in the treatment, management and diagnosis of many work related musculoskeletal disorders, and maintains a close working relationship with other experts in the field.
These treatments can help alleviate symptoms, helping patients to work free of discomfort and concentrate on the task at hand.
London Bridge Hospital’s dedicated sports medicine service has built a strong reputation for itself internationally. It is supported by staff from the rheumatology team, who have earned higher qualifications in sports medicine. The team has a particular focus on the treatment of soft tissue disorders, caused by exercise, and have the end goal of getting patients back to the sports they enjoy.
Lupus is a condition in which the immune system becomes too active. Common symptoms associated with lupus are fatigue, aches and pains, and skin rashes. More serious complications include kidney, brain or blood involvement.
The only centre of its type in Europe, the London Lupus Centre is managed by a team of dedicated experts, who provide cutting-edge treatment of Lupus. To find out more about the services they offer, visit www.londonlupuscentre.co.uk
Why choose our Rheumatology services?
- At London Bridge Hospital we aim for quick and efficient treatment. That begins by getting the patient to meet with a consultant as soon as possible.
- We work closely alongside consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals, who are experts in the field of rheumatology.
- Utilising leading, cutting-edge technology, including the latest advances in scanning and medication, not only helps with diagnosis, but also provides more effective treatment to our patients.
- Care is tailored to a patient’s specific needs and is intended to help achieve favourable outcomes in terms of successful treatment and effective recovery.
To find out more about the rheumatology services at London Bridge Hospital Outpatients, call 020 3131 0686, or to book an appointment with one of our consultants, call 020 7234 2009 or request an appointment online.
This service can be found at the following facilities: